Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Shakespeare's Influence

What are we bound to in life? Is it our hopes and dreams, future plans, future relationships? What if all these things collapse and we are left with an empty place. While the constant in our life remains the higher power through all of this. It is still human to garner certain earthly materials, feelings, expectations. If we had perfect faith we might not require anything else, but by definition being human denies us this utopian existence. While my life within the last few months has been a downward spiral, there are many things which keep me afloat amongst a sea of troubles. My faith is foremost atop this list, but excuse my ignorance as this is usually not enough. I must reflect upon an earthly constant which comforts my fears. Shakespeare wrote of it well and it is also referenced in the good book. Lest I forget, what may be the most important factor in my life. What is this you ask? Giving you the answer would be too easy, but by analyzing the title of my blog it will lead you on the correct path. You may not agree with this ideal, but forgive this soudoior (Old French) for his ramblings, my youth and inexperience keep me from seeing the truth on occasion. I leave you with a quote from the aforementioned author, or at least something from his writings.

"But if it is a sin to covet honour, I am the most offending soul alive."

1 Comments:

At January 16, 2005 at 1:31 PM, Blogger Queenie said...

Only reason has led us to believe there is truth.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home